- The economy sucks. Joblessness is high. Etc, etc.
- Lots of stuff we buy is made in China or other developing nations.
- I spend too much money at Target.
- Instead of spending $25 this month at Target or [insert your big box chain store of choice here] on random clearance items, little nick knacks, and things we generally don't NEED, spend that money on Etsy or local shops and artisans.
- Tell me you want to participate and I'll create a list in my sidebar of participants.
- Take the badge from my sidebar and put it on your website.
- Blog about your purchase.
- Get excited about your cute new earrings, wallet, camera strap, scarf, whatever!
- More money goes to a person, not some CEO. Independent artists and shops rule.
- Made in the USA (or where ever YOU live). Yay. Sweatshops suck.
- Etsy sellers are totally more cool than the big guy. (When was the last time Target gave you a freebie in your shopping bag? Or friendly emails? Seriously. I got candy hearts and stickers with my last Etsy purchase. Lovely.)
- Economy is happier.
- You are happier.
- You get to be in my sidebar.
Leave a comment below with your blog address (if you have one).
Grab this badge:
And check out Etsy and Jamie's awesome shopping blog!
PS: You can spend as much or as little as you like - I just want to encourage you to check out Etsy and local shops.
PPS: No, this isn't just a scam to get you to buy my stuff. Seriously! I really believe in Etsy and how awesome it is.
PPPS: February is here. And I'm still going strong with Operation Happy. Yay. (And Operation No-Leg-Shaving, but that's another, TMI story.)