So, I've been busy designing a few things...
Creating a few custom things...
And road-trippin' it to DC and the University of Maryland with a few college students for an amazing conference...
Hanging out with Ab. He's so honest. And I need to get out in the sun more.
We spent a day sightseeing, as none of the students had been to DC before. (And the last time I went was at least eight! years ago.) It was t-shirt weather and cloudy, a wonderful day.
I'm pretty sure there's some metaphor in here - seeing the reflections of today's Americans in the names of fallen soldiers.
We ate at some delicious restaurants in this hip, cute little area.
Oh, and I've officially fallen head-over-heels obsessed with fabric...
I usually try to spend around seven dollars or less a yard for fabric, but this was just too great. Mmm, I could stare at it all day. If only I had more time to sew. Le sigh.Also in News: I am officially an old lady. How do I know?
- I called two of the students in the hotel room next to me when I heard some creepy-sounding men in the hallway late at night: "Don't let any strangers in your room, okay?" She just laughed at me.
- The 19-year-old's driving made me white-knuckled. The Pennsylvania turnpike is far too curvy to be taken at those speeds.
- Getting emotional at the Vietnam and Lincoln memorials. What happened to me?
- I'd rather drive safely than get arrive more quickly. Totally an old lady.
- Every time I heard an ambulance siren at night, I fretted that it was one of my students. I fear what would happen if I had children. I'd have to off myself if I turned out to be an anxious, overprotective mother. Seriously.
Yes, apparently I am more scared of being forced to eat chicken then, you know, being MURDERED. According to my dream self, "It's just so...pale and...fleshy!" Yum.