1. I got a ton of adorable fabric in the last few days and I can't wait to start making some more things to add to my shop! (I recently added a new tote, a wallet, a print, and a zipper pouch.) This weekend, I had a wallet I'd made with me, and my cousins and aunts and all oohed and ahhed over it. It's really encouraging and flattering to share something I've made and have other people admire it.
2. The internet has been more wonderful than I ever dreamed. Not only have I been able to find a way to share my writing, photography, and crafts - I have made really wonderful friends. Fresno, California never meant much to me before Sarah and Jimaie. I seriously wish I lived closer to these lovely ladies. They are sweet and kind and hilarious. (Not to mention have an AWESOME sense of style. And Jimaie works at Starbucks! Yum.) A few weeks ago, Jimaie messaged me for my address and last week I came home to a box of Candy Cane Joe Joe's (in case you missed it, I'd like to have Candy Candy Joe Joe's babies) and baby food cookbooks from her (no, I'm not pregnant! I just want to make baby food!).
Seriously. How sweet is that? I am amazed at how generous and supportive you Internet People are. I honestly love all of you and sometimes hug my computer since I can't really hug you. Wait, did I just admit that?
3. Walking out of Target on Sunday, bamboo sheets in hand for my cousin's bridal shower, I stopped and turned around when I heard, "Excuse me! Excuse me!"
A cute man came running up to me and, out of breath and apologetic, blurted, "Hi, I don't know if you're married, but I just saw you walking by and I had to come say hi because you're very cute."
How adorable is that? And it made my day; I was so flattered. I called Mike and told him:"You're married to a girl so hot that guys come up to her even though she has a wedding ring. Be proud."
He was just worried about the guy's ego. My husband will make a wonderful counselor, don't you think?
4. I've been running outside several times over the last few weeks. This is all kinds of wonderful - it's still light after work, it's warming up outside, and I avoid the treadmill. Hurrah! Plus, I can eat more of the goodies that came (#2).
5. My latest graphic design class has started and I'm pretty sure I'm going to DROWN in Photoshop knowledge, which I'm totally excited about. Teaching myself only gets me so far - learning from a seasoned professional is better than Googling it. I continue to be amazed at the wonderful quality of our community college. Super small class sizes, wonderful instruction, beautiful facilities, and all for one-tenth the cost of attending a private university. Love.
6. In six weeks of work, this is my only full week in the office. This is a Happy Thing, because that means I get to be out of the office to travel a LOT. It's also nice to be cozy and productive for a week amidst the craziness that is the spring semester. (Wait, what? I want to be in a cubicle!?)
I hope your life is bursting with many Happy Things right now.