I haven't done a Worth it Wednesday in a long, long time - but I've discovered something so exciting I just had to share!
(Does this sound like that beginning of some spam comment?)
(And, YES, I know it isn't Wednesday. I procrastinate, okay?)
A few months ago, I mentioned a haircare product that worked for me and someone suggested coconut oil as a possible solution for a curly haircare product that isn't laden with chemicals and packaged with tons of plastic.
So I tried it - after a few frustrating attempts to figure out how exactly you could use coconut oil for your HAIR (it doesn't rinse out like conditioner. It just sort....stays.), I figured out a little formula that works really well for me. If you have naturally curly or wavy hair - give it a try! Because it has holding properties and is slightly oily, it gives the curl a really nice, defined shape. Plus, it has far less chemicals that most curly hair products and comes in a glass jar, which is recyclable. And if that's not beautiful, I don't know what is.
(This picture isn't even a good representation of how awesome my hair looks with coconut oil. Imagine this with more curls and less frizz.)
Ashley's Awesome Coconut Oil Curly Hair Regimen:
- Shampoo hair.
- Put a small amount of coconut oil in hair. It doesn't really rinse out, but you can try.
- Get out of shower and braid hair in two braids.
- After hair is mostly or fully dry, undo braid and finger comb. Add a tiny bit of curly hair products if needed. (I usually use a dab of Garnier Fructis curl cream.)
- Check yourself out in the mirror. I dare you not to feel sexy.
- BONUS! When you wash your hair a day or two later - the coconut oil makes it SUPER soft and conditioned. Awesome.