To make the most of this month (with my long work weeks, I sort of feel like a zombie moving through life at times. My kitchen sink? Full of dishes that haven't been washed since Monday. Because I haven't been home before nearly bedtime most days. And haven't eaten a meal at home this week until right now. I obviously have priorities. Blogging > dishes. Or something.) -I am going to set a few goals.
It may seem silly to set goals like, "Hang out with another person," but I need articulate that right now, or else it might not happen. Sadly.
I feel sort of cluttered and a bit overwhelmed with stuff. So, my goals this month are centered mostly around simplifying in a few regards. Balance and simplicity. And being a Zen Master. (Even though, I could totally go for some goals about working out, let's be honest.)
- Begin four months of buying only second-hand clothing.
- Get rid of one laundry basket-full of clothing.
- Go through papers, magazines, etc. and recycle LOTS.
Clean out car andgo to car wash (for the first time in...a year? Ha. How sad.). Repair chip on windshield so it doesn't turn into CRACK on windshield.
- Ask for day or two off to compensate for weekend, overnight, and evening work. Be brave!
Turn 25! (While on a trip for work. On that note, try not to quit work.*)
- See friends
fourone time. Or more! (Bonus points if it includes coffee.)
- Stop swearing. (This may be a bit of a surprise for people who know me - but I have taken to really swearing like a sailor when driving. It's completely out of control and would be totally embarrassing if anyone but Mike heard me. Plus, it only exacerbates the road rage.)
- Clean for 30 minutes before going to bed. (Though, this would require actually being home more often. Will see how this goes.)
* If you are Work, I am kidding! I like you. A lot.