Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Nubbin-like Thoughts.

In my head:

Sometimes I really miss working with kids. So. Many. Funny. Stories. (Like that time they though Hillary Clinton was in a Soulja Boy video and that I'm short because I have a hole in my heart. Seriously entertaining.)

Cleveland was ranked number one for worst winter weather (of the most populous 50 cities). I love it here, but not the winter. Perhaps I can encourage my entire family to relocate?

Mike is going through the PhD interview process and it is stressful. The waiting for an interview. The waiting for acceptance. The waiting on a list. Oh, the waiting!


Despite my incessant whining about winter, I do love a few things about it: big sweaters that hide my failure to work out, walking in the snow all bundled up, boots, SmartWool socks, and the general hibernation that takes place these months - things like snow days and going home early are just wonderful.

I feel like I'm neglecting my creative pursuits. I've hardly taken any photos recently and my Etsy shop hasn't been updated in ages. I'm not sure what is going on, but I'm not a fan. I'm not sure if I should push through this dry spell or just let it ride itself out. I don't want to push too hard, but, honestly, I am bit disappointed with myself.

The responses I got to this post really comforted me. It's so wonderful to know that I'm not alone. I look forward to baring more of my budgeting soul to you all. :)

Lunch time conversations often revolve around television shows - and I feel very left out. I feel like an elementary school kid all over again, when everyone was talking about X Files and The Simpsons and all the shows on Nickelodeon. I was the loser without cable and with strict parents. Now I'm the loser who has CHOSEN to not have a television. Weird.

If Trader Joe's would like to sponsor my life, I'd accept that.

1 comment:

  1. we don't pay for cable or anything either, and at first i really missed having tv. but now i love it! i only downloads shows i want to watch (no commercials, so score) and i don't waste time watching stuff i really am not interested in but can't bring myself to turn off. it's great.
    *downside - i never know new products, or any movies coming out (no commercials). oh well.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, leave a comment. They're the best part!