Thursday, February 3, 2011

Five Months.

Mr. Personality.

He:
- weighs 17.25 pounds, which seems like a lot since he was born at 6 lbs 13 oz.
- is starting to act like he's going to roll from his back to his front. Which will cramp our stick-him-on-the-couch-while-we-make-coffee style.
- is able to entertain himself for about 30 minutes at a time, (which is wonderful for me!) with toys. He plays with toys! I still can't get over it.
- loves the hand-me-down walker. (Yes, we have a walker. I know, I know. Unsafe blah blah blah. But we have no stairs and he can't even make it move on our carpet, so it's basically an exersaucer thingamabob.)
- hates lying down and prefers to stand, or sit, if he must.
- is almost done with the pacifier (yipee!), but hasn't shown much interest in sucking on his thumb. Ah, well. 
- is on the verge of growing out of his 3-6 month clothing and size 2 diapers. WHAT.
- napping a bit more regularly and for long periods during the day. Mostly one-two hour naps. SUCH a relief after months of all 20-30 minute naps.
- nurses like a champ, and often. He prefers to forgo the bottle when I'm at work for a few hours and then nurses like a madman (madbaby?) when I come home. It's sort of cute.
- doesn't sleep through the night, although that is everyone's favorite question. I'm fine with it and will not be crying it out anytime soon. Thanks for the suggestion, though. ;)
- is getting STRONG. He's got the cobra pose down, yo. 
- decidedly has his father's toes. 
- is one happy little baby.
- prefers us and our apartment to strangers and new places. Our little homebody. (Though, he'll smile and charm away if we're holding him. Like, at church. He's always looking around, all smiley-like, "Hey, everyone! Look at me! Aren't I cute? Pay attention! But, DON'T HOLD ME, YOU CREEP.")
- loves rattles and other noisy things. 
- has his tongue sticking out 90% of the time.
- has his first iPod app. Oh, to be a baby in 2011.

I:
- am two pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight! It's taken a little while to get here (and almost no commitment on my end. And some chocolate chip cookies and toasted almond frozen yogurt. I have no regrets. Stop judging me.).
- wish nursing tanks came in petite sizes. All of my look like maternity shirts.
- have started working out again, but have put my running plans on hold for now. I'm happily using the elliptical and walking on the treadmill while Gabe plays beside me on the floor and I take full advantage of the cable in the exercise room. 
- have packed up three boxes of Gabe's outgrown clothing and find myself both sad and dreaming of being able to use them someday again, which surprises and scares me.
- miss yoga.
- hate buying batteries, so all of the toys we have sound like drunken, warbling birds. It's creepy.
- am still struggling with having a messy apartment, unfinished projects, unanswered emails, and not enough time to bake constantly. Babies take a lot of time. Who'd've thought?
- adore my son and feel like I know him better each and every day.
- am lucky to have a husband who actually does half of the parenting and domestic-y things. Yay for not living in 1950!

Chewie.
I like to chew on stuff now.
Baby barista.
Baby barista!
Curly.
The curly eyelashes every girl dreams of. :)

Yo!
Yo!
Puppy boy.
Little puppy boy.
Nekkid!
Yep. I'm that mom. Nekkid baby photo!

Daddy's toes. Sorry, buddy.
Looong, curvy toes. No more cute baby toes. Boo.

Little stud.
The baptism outfit that wasn't. Sadly, I don't think this will fit in 4 weeks. Maybe if I don't feed him? :)
Reading time.
Little reader. :)
Time with Daddy in the morn.
Time with Daddy in the morn.
Walker!
Walker, Texas Baby.
POTBELLY YES.
That is one awesome potbelly.
Shining eyes.
Big eyes.
Love him so much.
Dang, I love him.
More. +
blog comments powered by Disqus