Monday, November 12, 2007

The Obligatory DUH Post

The image “http://www.crispyneurons.com/images/5/5f/Cfl.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
If you haven’t done this yet (or at least heard of it…), it’s safe to say you’ve been living in a box. Plain and simple: get CFL bulbs. There’s all kinds of statistics like how they save tons of money, reduce CO2 emissions, and yada yada yada. Point is, this is easy and affordable and really makes a difference. The light can be more white and difficult to get used to at first, but then remind yourself to stop whining and suck it up.

We bought a few packs with our many, many, MANY gift cards from our wedding – instead of throwing away the conventional light bulbs already in our apartment, we simply placed them all in a box (So we can take our CFLs with us when we move out, and replace them with the regular old light bulbs. Sneaky, eh?) Utilities are included in our rent, so we’re just doing this out of the goodness of our hearts (You could also call it eco-guilt. Is that a legitimate term?)

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I just found your site through some internet eco purusing, so I thought I'd comment on a 2-year-old post.

    At my last apartment, I also replaced all the regular bulbs it came with CFLs, and then switched them back when we moved to take the CFLs with me. As we're in the midst of packing, my roommate walks into the dining room and sees me standing on a chair unscrewing the lightbulbs in the ceiling fixture. By the look on her face, she really did think for a moment that I was trying to steal the lightbulbs from the apartment when we left. :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, leave a comment. They're the best part!