Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Worth it Wednesday: Wearing Winter Well.*

Snow has been falling like crazy here in Cleveland, something about "lake effect," I've started wearing boots to walk to work, and it was 28 degrees this morning. Think it's safe to proclaim that winter is upon us! For the next few snows, I'll be delighting in the beauty and silence that accompanies snowfall. I enjoy winter...at first. Just wait until March...

My favorite part of season change is possibly the change in wardrobe. This fall, I discovered one of fashion's greatest gifts...

THE SWEATER DRESS!

Worth: The price obviously varies depending on the store and style I got a short sleeve sweater dress for $29.99 at Target. I also got a long sleeve sweater dress for $19.90 at H&M.

Works For: Fall and winter days - when you're sick of the same old pants-skirt-dress combos. I think they're fairly work appropriate, I wear the two of these to work.

What I Love: They are so versatile - worn with leggings, tall boots, lightweight turtleneck underneath, Mary Janes, heels, flats - there are so many combinations that enable you to wear the same article of clothing many, many times without anyone noticing use one article of clothing many different ways!

They are so warm and cozy, I seriously have worn that sweater dress over sweatpants and just felt wrapped in a lovely, warm hug. Mmm.

What I Wish: Sometimes they make me look a little chunky from behind, why is that!?

And here's another sweater dress I bought, from H&M, just to show you how awesome these dresses really are:
Sweater Dress 2
Don't mind the frizzy hair. I would have posted this picture except my tummy area looks unfortunate. I'm no Ev'Yan, that's for sure!
(Notice Mike's dirty running clothes on our divider in the first picture? The down trodden look? Class-ay. Apparently I can't take a picture of myself with out poking fun at it.)


* What? It felt like a day for title alliteration

24 comments:

  1. Ah! I'm dying for a sweater dress! You wear those so adorably!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute dresses and pictures. I think I need to try a sweater dress. I don't know if I can pull it off, but I'm going to try. Thanks for this post, it is definitely worth it. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh mah goodness, I NEED the second dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those dresses are so cute! And you look fantastic in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your adorable-ness is out of control with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I definitely could not wear that in 30/40 degree weather. haha. I love those cute little pockets, awwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay i LOVE these. and you look super adorable in them.
    i definitely need to find one for myself.
    worth it wednesday = a hit, again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are ueber cute! I'm 6'1 though so they'd look more like longish tops on me - a little indecent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, it's official. I need a sweater dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to admit, I've been avoiding the whole sweater dress thing. I think I hoped it was a passing fad. I just can't embrace them like I have tights. However, the second dress seems classy in a timeless sort of way... simple enough to be recycled year after year... yes... this could work...

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love them .. they look so cute on, especially on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love sweater dresses...how do I not own one?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can totally pull them off. I unfortunately cannot, as I can't with many dresses too. Sad. But I do enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so beautiful! And those are gorgeous - I want to start a look book because of these = )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cute little figure can pull off a sweater dress. Anyone with a few lumps and bumps where they shouldn't be has a VERY hard time doing so. (At least, without Spanx.)

    But that doesn't stop me from trying. I bought a nearly identical one to your H&M dress (maybe it's a tad longer) last year in black. It looks awesome hanging in my closet. (I've not had the guts to wear it yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I love them.

    You pull them off well!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am now officially looking for a sweater dress this weekend. But if they make your backside look a little larger than normal, then I better get a girdle or something- I can't afford for my behind to look any bigger. :) I was always unsure if I could pull these off at work, but you have convinced me! You're adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i loved the post. first time coming through and i've already added you to my blogroll! lol

    the dresses look lovely on you, by the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bought my first sweater dress a couple months ago, and if you do it right, it covers a multitude of sins. Such as a big-lunch tummy (A-lines work for this). Besides, who doesn't feel cozy but also cool wearing a sweater dress and tights?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girrrrllll -- you look hawt! Those dresses look so comfy-cool and adorable on you!

    Love em both, especially the second one! Yay for layering!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love, love, LOVE the sweater dress from H&M. So cute! I wish I could wear them to work, though I guess I probably could over pants. (Dresses are a no-no for photogs, ha.)

    Enjoy the snow! When you start getting sick of it, send it to Mississippi!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You and your cuteness! I love it! Your teensie little body look great in sweater dresses. And I'm not saying I'm a beast, but sometimes when I try them on I genuinely look like a potato.

    No bueno.

    I need to find one I like so I have an excuse to wear tights. :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, leave a comment. They're the best part!