Thursday, November 19, 2009

I Just Realized I Might Be a Failed Neurotic.

hellmynameisCRAZY
Hello, my name is CRAZY.

In my 20-something blogger profile (let's be friends!) I claim to be "a little ball of contradictions." I've taken the Myers-Briggs personality test half a dozen times, and each time I get slightly different "type"- never extreme, always just slightly each characteristic. The last time I took it, a few years ago, a coworker commented that my moderate characteristics meant I was "wishy washy" and, indeed, I feared it might mean I'm boring.

My boss said it means I am flexible.

I think I am just insanely ambiguous. The test asks a question like, "Do you like to schedule your day?" or "Is your office neat?" Any given day, my answers for these questions will be completely different. Sometimes, schedules are great, other times, I'm a whim kinda girl. My office is neat, then messy. Then neat. I definitely don't enjoy the dichotomous nature of these tests.

It's not just personality tests, though - I contradict myself in so many ways.

Simultaneously....
  • I get stressed out really easily, but can also be infuriatingly (to *ahem* certain people) laid back.
  • I hate when our house is messy and clean like crazy in bursts, but I'm terrible at picking up after myself on a daily basis.
  • I'm a healthy eater, but have zero (I mean, ZERO) self-restraint when it comes to sugary foods. (Zero!)
  • I act as a realist/bubble-buster/fact-checker to Mike's big dreams, but harbor huge (you might say unrealistic) dreams for myself.
  • I'm quite confident in my ability to speak in front of others, but get all shaky when it's time to.
  • I can be loud and crazy and silly, but I can also be quiet and slow to talk.
  • I fiercely guard my alone time, but miss hanging out with my friends.
  • I feel gross and bad and wallowy about myself, but am level-headed and practical and can see that I don't have a weight problem - I just need to put down the Joe Joes and step into my running clothes.
I'd like to think it's my flexibility and anti-extremism that has rendered me this way.

But perhaps I'm just crazy.

Do you ever contradict yourself?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

PS
: Thank you SOOO much for your support and comments on my Starbucks giveaway. I was surprised to find out I was one of the top three bloggers with the most comments and will be receiving this:

Photobucket
Timbuk2 bag + Bose headphones = !!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, leave a comment. They're the best part!