Friday, April 2, 2010

Eighteen.

$10 Target dress from the junior's section. Oh heck yes. Should do something about my ridiculous pallidness.

How far along? 18 weeks, 2 days. (You become oddly specific about these things when you're pregnant. I usually don't know what day of the week it is. But I know how pregnant I am!)

How big is baby? The size of an baked potato (about 5.5 inches, weighing about 7 ounces - way to gain 2 ounces, Bebe!) (After I heard this, I promptly craved potatoes and made myself some for dinner. Is that wrong?)

Total weight gain: + 5 lbs. (still. even after my french fries and milkshake lunch yesterday.)

Maternity Clothes? Heck. Yes. These pants are currently my favorite things in existence. Not feeling sloppy is worth the money. I love how they fit and are comfortable.

Stretch marks? Nada. Can I interest you in some cellulite?

Sleep: Much improved this week.  This week, the whole "the second trimester is the best!" thing actually is starting to ring true. I have hardly been nauseous, I have slept through the night a few times, and I haven't woken up ravenous in the middle of the night. (This might also be because I have been eating a LOT. Either way: Score!)

Movement: Quite a bit - still feels more like butterflies or when your stomach drops (you know, on a roller coaster? which I can no longer enjoy now?) than an actual baby, but I still imagine little arms flailing about. Then I start to wonder if the baby sort of just floats in there, or how the heck it works. Seriously. This is just crazy. Mike and I also talk about the baby's movement - as in "The baby's moving!" "That's because it's trying to kick you for being mean to me." Already using our child as a way to get to each other. What wonderful parents we'll make.

Food cravings: Food, glorious food. Seriously - not being nauseous this week has been AWESOME. Also, I started drinking coffee daily this week - instead of just now and then. And it's just as delicious and wonderful as I'd remembered.

What I miss: I'm sort of really content right now, which is odd. And awesome. My belly is present without being in the way too much. I feel good. I am happy. It took some brain wracking to realize that I miss doing the upward dog yoga pose.

What I am looking forward to: Our ultrasound is Tuesday! We get to see our baby for the first time - the last time (eleven weeks ago) it was really just a blob with a flickering heartbeat. This time - it should have a head, arms, and all sorts of body parts. I'm so excited to see him/her!

Milestones: The girls at school know. My first "you must be pregnant" comment from a complete stranger. Officially have gone up two bra sizes (and down in my band size. odd.). Wearing my first maternity pants out in public. Beginning to actually talk about baby names.

Oh, and THIS: Insanely fast-growing hair is fun in some places but NOT OTHERS. I swear I've plucked my eyebrows approximately 10 times as much as normal. I'm like Tim Allen in The Santa Clause. Hot.
blog comments powered by Disqus