Friday, June 24, 2011

Just June.

Just June.
This is my life. The ukulele is a staple in it right now.


We've begun to settle into a routine of sorts this summer. Our days start with coffee and breakfast together (around the table - we're doing an experiment where we don't eat on the couch....that's the whole experiment: eat like civilized people), followed by a few hours of designing and answering emails while Gabe practices walking around the edge of everything he can get his chubby little hands on.

My 'Office'
My work station: MacBook, chalkboard, coffee, and juice water. And, yes, I need a more sophisticated way to keep track of clients. Suggestions? (I have a spreadsheet, too. I'm not completely inept.)


I am home for two entire months, and Mike only works in the afternoons four days a week - this means we get a lot of family time. And I get a lot of time to work. My design work is really bustling and keeping me on my toes. I also had a photo shoot last weekend (squee!) and I was even able to finagle some sewing time this week. I don't know whose idea it was to put my entire sewing machine/fabric/crafty bits in Gabe's room, but it makes it difficult to sew during nap time. 

Sewing. At Long Last.
Sweet, sweet success.

I also updated my Etsy shop with all kinds of earrings and coasters and reusable coffee sleeves. It's been so quiet for many months, so I'm hoping to breathe some life into it. (Have I mentioned that getting things done with a baby is challenging? Oh, just yesterday? Okay, then.)

I packed away more of Gabe's clothes - and realized he has more hoodies that currently fit him than I do. What can I say? I love a baby with a hood.

Hoodie.
This is a *3T* Snoopy hoodie we snagged from the thrift store. It's my favorite thing in existence.


We finally bathed our child for the first time in ages. Bathing babies daily is overrated - it's like with clothes, no need to wash unless they're visably dirty, am I right? (I'm not right? I'm just gross and an awful mother? Well.) Giving him a bath has gone from a pain to an-activity-that-keeps-him-busy-and-I-can-read-Bossypants-in-the-bathroom. I think there will be more baths in our future.

Bath Baby!



We also started a garden, which, judging from our history, is likely to end up in dead plant nubbins. Only time will tell.

Of course.
Gabe hamming it up at the apartment community garden.

I finally took a few photos with the nine month stickers and just couldn't help but share this face:

Almost 10 months, really.


Because, really.

If I were a kid, I'd probably call this summer 'boring.'

But as an adult? It's pretty wonderful.

And now I think we'll go for a long walk with my boys and pick up this book from the library.

SUP!
blog comments powered by Disqus