Wednesday, September 1, 2010

He's Here!

I thought I'd be writing today about how Mike turned thirty yesterday, or doing my 40-week update.

Instead, I'm telling you that Gabriel Christopher was born this morning at 2:16am.

IMG_0454

Mike was amazing. A rock star. Without him and the amazing birthing center staff - there is no way I could have done this. It was the most painful experience of my life, for sure. I'll be lucky to remember enough details to write a birth story. Right now, it would be like, "I swore. I screamed. I was in the water. I thought I might die. I had some stitches. But! I actually managed to do it without drugs. (Minus the Motrin I've taken)." It was hard - a pretty long labor. I'll write all about it some day.

IMG_0455

For now, I'm going to continue cuddling and learning how to feed my cute little son. :)
blog comments powered by Disqus