Thursday, March 24, 2011

Why I'm a Morning Person.

Tea Peace

Because the world is quiet in the morning. Though hard to peel myself away from my pillow, the pre-dawn hour is full of peace. Being awake and alone before anyone else nourishes my soul and calms me before the day starts.

Because the day feels pregnant with possibility and options - it can be a great day! Full of productivity and working towards my dreams! It can be a day where I finally take the boxes of clothes to donate! (You don't know. I might just organize all. day. long.)

Because I can listen to this song on repeat, dancing around the living room with Gabe.

Because coffee is my favorite beverage.


Because seeing the sun rise feels like a special present from God.

Because I am full of hope in the morning. It's strange how I feel energized and able-to-conquer-the-world I feel in the morning. (It could also be the caffeine. Yay.)

Because breakfast is my favorite meal. (Specifically: french toast. Or waffles and veggie sausage. And always home fries. Always. With lots of ketchup.)

Because it's a fresh start. It's a new chance to be who I want to be.

Because my beautiful baby boy greets me every morning with laughter.  Waking up is a little bit less painful when I have a sweet little baby cuddling next to me, grinning at me eagerly. I wish that everyone could start the day experiencing such joy.

Are you a morning person? A night owl? Or do you just like to sleep all the time? (Lucky.)
blog comments powered by Disqus